Thursday, January 5, 2012

48. Green and Red Study

9x12 oil/panel

I had these green apples and they are such a great color, just had to use t hem somehow.   It was fun seeing how the color bounces around in shadows, and reflects off t he white surfaces...I'm back to working quickly, so this was maybe 2 hours, or a little less... 

Here's the set up and the painting.  Yeah, I made my pitcher slightly taller - just wanted to created a more interesting negative shape.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  

4 comments:

Judy P. said...

Nice painting, and in under 2 hours? If you were nearby you would be hearing silent sobbing right about now.

J. RICHARD SECOR said...

Beautiful!! I love the looseness of your "quick" pieces - they just flow so easily and the eye just follows along!

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

Your paintings are just amazing!

HELENE said...

Left a comment before but I quess it didn't go in. Nice composition and balance of color.