Wednesday, January 4, 2012

47. Winter Baby

7.5 x 8 oil/panel

Yeah, I know, it's been more than a few days since I posted... I'm working on some important deadlines and something's gotta give... so the dailies have had to take a back seat. But today, I felt the need to "warm up" and have some fun in the middle of the hard work of finishing some more serious painting. I limited myself to an hour, and this took just under that.

I took the photo of this little Hereford calf when I was out on a run one day.It's usually not a great thing for calves to come in the middle of winter, though it happens. It was a really bitter morning, and I remember thinking this baby must've been cold, but he and mom and the rest of the herd seemed just fine. I think that wooly coat serves him well....

1 comment:

Judy P. said...

Hey I must have missed this one- love it! So I imagine you must have painted it almost like scribbling, where you casually drew while painting, and made quick strokes? So here I am trying not to think about painting faster, yet still wondering how you can do this in under an hour!