Wednesday, December 14, 2011

41. Team Ropers

Team Ropers 8x13 oil/panel

I started this one several weeks ago... put it aside till I could figure out where I wanted to take it, and then finished it a few days ago.   I wanted to try a little more palette knife, especially in the background with the spectators... So I left that whole area really sketchy and yet, hopefully, still communicating "spectators and bleachers"...  Thanks to artist friend Max Nelson from wetcanvas.com for the photo reference.


1 comment:

Judy P. said...

I think that sketchy part works great, and the whole scene has action and energy- not static.
This is the direction I need to go, so I'm glad to see this.
Thanks for your input on drawing vs. painting, that's another path I need to walk more.
But I keep stubbing my toe!