Thursday, January 12, 2012

50. A Little Surprise

16x20 oil/linen

Okay, technically, this is not a daily painting. It's about 2 day's worth -... but I am posting here because, well, I haven't had a chance to paint any small dailies lately because of some deadlines.  And, some of the things I've been working on in paint application I put to use in this little painting.  There's still a little bit of work to be done, but I wanted to leave it sketchy and there's some nice impasto brushwork in there - my bad photo doesn't show alot of it.
I found an old photo with the side of this barn, and knew I wanted to paint it.. love that old lean-to shed with the rusted tin roof, and the rest of it.  I invented the chickens and the little boy entirely, and the little girl is loosely based on another photo....  
I titled it "A Little Surprise"  - that proud mama hen is bringing out a new clutch of chicks for the first time, and the kiddos have just noticed them.  Nothing cuter than baby chicks, except maybe ducklings and puppies. Okay, kittens are pretty cute too.  
Going to be out of pocket for a few days, so no posts... have a lovely weekend everybody!

No comments: