Saturday, January 21, 2012

54. The Red Feeder

The Red Feeder 8x10 oil/panel

My artist friend, Don Gray http://www.dailyartwest.com/ - whose work I admire greatly, recently did a winter scene - he does them so well, that I was inspired to try one myself.  His is better.  But it was fun playing around with the colors of snow and sky on a gray day. And then the one spot of color with the red metal feeder.

We don't get many gray winter days here in New Mexico - when it snows, sure - but so often once the storm has passed, the sun comes out and the sky is clear.   It was sort of nice having the subdued colors and values, no shadows - just the shapes with very slight indication of form here and there..

oh, and here's an update on a previously posted painting. I decided to re-work the background a bit...


1 comment:

J. RICHARD SECOR said...

WOW!!!! once again a beautiful piece of art work!! BRAVO!!!